In our hosue, the excitement is already buzzing. On Saturday and Sunday, we'll gather for our tradition: me, Ryan, Mack, and Mads all crowded around the coffee table, snacks at the ready, predictions flying. Angel and Chris will be right there with us through Discord in our "In the Ring" channel, delivering their live play-by-play reactions and bold match calls. It's chaotic, loud, hilarious, and absolutely perfect - the way SummerSlam is meant to be experienced.
And this year's card? Absolutely stacked.
Championship Clashes & Main Event Storms
Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins
This match might just be the hardest match of the entire weekend to emoitnally survive. The OTC verus the title Seth never lost - legacy versus legitimacy. How do I pick a favorite? Aye dos Mio, I can't. roman walks in defending the dynasty he built while Seth walks in fighting for the crown he never truly got to keep. And I'll be sitting at the coffeet able with my family in tow as we try and fail to choose a side.
CM Punk vs. Cody Rhodes
Talk about an emotional gut-punch! Pepsi Phil versus the American Nightmare. The guy who walked away from WWE and ame back a decade later versus QB1 himself. Two of my absolute favorites going head-to-head - brother versus brother, friend versus friend. Punk fights like a man with something left to say and Cody fights like a man with something left to finish. And I already know I'll be among the group shaking my head as we collectivwely lose our minds trying to handle this match.
Liv Morgan vs. Iyo Sky
This match has me fired up in a way that I simply refuse to hide. Iyo Sky is everything a champion should be - precise, powerful, consistent - while Liv Morgan is Little Miss "I have the title so I'm the best in the world but don't ask me to defend it." I cannot stand Liv's reign, and I am loudly, unapologetically rooting for Iyo to dethrone her. If Iyo wins, I will be screaming in my livingroom while everyone else loses their minds. This is the match where I want justice served with a moonsault.
Tiffany Stratton vs. Jade Cargill vs. TBD
This ladder match is going to be absolute chaos and I'm ready for every second of it. When the women enter the ring to fight for the interim WWE Women's Championship while Rhea Ripley is out I have a not so quiet opinion to offer. Let me be as clear as a crystal here: I do not want Jade Cargill to win. I want someone who can carry the division with grit and creativity not just power poses. Tiffany has the athleticism, the fearlessness, and the spark to make this match unforgettable, and whoever the TBD is could shake the whole thing up. But Jade holding that belt... NO... THANK... YOU! I'll be the one yelling while everyone else looses their minds if she even gets close to climbing that ladder. And don't get me started when B-Fab and Michin get invovled and I just know they will!
Brutality, Chaos, and Storytelling
Oba Femi vs. Brock Lesnar
Oba versus Brock inside Hell in a Cell is going to be pure carnage - and honestly, I'm ready for it. Rumor has it Brock is on the edge of retirement after laying down his gloves and boots at Mania, but then he reentered the ring for one more run. Meanwhile, Oba is an absolute beast, and I am more than ready for this fued to be over. I want Oba to win. I want Oba to dominate. I want Oba to slam the Cell door shut on Brocks last chapter. I'm sure we will all be watching every brutal moment of this match rooting for the Ruler to come out on top.
Chad Gable vs. Penta
One of the matches I'm most emoitonally invested in. I love Penta - hes' been an incredible Intercontinental Champion, and he's carried that belt with intensity and pride. But ever since Chad was revealed as Grande Americano, he's stepped into a whole new era of respect for lucha culture. He's grown, he's learned, and he's earned this moment. Penta deserves bigger things beyond the IC title, and Chad deserves to be rewarded for the work he's put in. Around the house with the family in tow, I know there will be discention among us because we are all invested for different reasons. Let the heartbreak commence because I know it's coming!
LA Knight, Solo Sikoa & Royce Keys vs. Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, & Jacob Fatu
This Bloodline Chaos match has me fired up in a very specific way. I love LA Knight - YEAH - and I want to see Royce Keys get the push he deserves. But Solo Sikoa ruins the entire vibe for me. I cannot stand him,a nd his presence on their team makes it impossible for me to root for them. So for this match, I'm fully behind Jimmy and Jey Uso teaming with the Samoan Werewolf, Jacob Fatu. I want themt o come out on top, not because I dislight Knight and Keys, but because I absolutely do not want Solo anywhere near a victory. Around the living room with Ry, Mack, and Mads and with Angel and Chris on Discord screaming - this match is going to be pure GLORIOUS chaos - YEAH!
Gunther vs. Nick Aldis
Here we go with another opportunity to be transparent. I do not have a single cell in my body that supports Mister "tap out like a - well, you know." I'm fully behind Nick Aldis in this fight. Gunther's reign as the Ring General and Legend Killer has gone on long enough. Aldis has the strength, intelligence, and grit to finally put the Ring General to sleep once and for all. As I look around the room, I can guarantee you I'll be cheering for Aldis with everything I've got.
Dominik Mysterio vs. Danhausen
This just might be shaping up to be my favorite match of the weekend. I love Danhausen - the gimmick, the voice, the Mini Hausens, the jars of teeth, the lab, the cape, all of it. I cannot wait to hear him shout "YOU ARE CURSED" again. this fued with Dom is ready to be over, but honestly, even if it weren't, I would sill be Team Danhausen every single time. As we lose our minds, this match is going to be pure, delightful chaos, and I'm here for every second of it.
The weekend ahead
SummerSlam weekend is stacked, chaotic, emotional, and absolutely everything I love about wrestling. From Roman v Seth's legacy war, to Punk v cody's brother-versus-brother heartbreak, to Iyo hopefully ending Liv's reign, to the women's ladder match madness, to Oba and Brock destroying each other inside Hell in a Cell, to Chad and Penta's respectful showdown, to the Bloodline chaos match where I'm loudly rooting against Solo, to aldis hopefully putting Gunther down, and finally to Danhausen cursing DominiK into oblivion - this card has me buzzing. On Saturday and Sunday, we'll be gathered around streaming! Predictions will fly, reactions will be loud, and every match will hit differently because we are watching together. Night 1 is sure to be the spark while Night 2 is the fire. I, for one, am ready for every single second of it.

Comments
Post a Comment