Skip to main content

Long day

 It's been a crazy long day, but productive one at the same time. 

  • Was able to move meetings and get back about 2 hours of my day. That was huge! 
  • Got a text from Mack saying she'd had to dissect an earthworm today in marine science. 
  • Got tons of prep work done on some projects that are quickly approaching. 
In all these things, I focused on whatever would keep me going because it was a long day. A tiring day. A day when I could have fallen asleep during lunch break and just napped the day away. But I didn't because I have responsibilities and I will not shirk them. Here soon, I'll be leaving with the girls to meet Ryan for dinner and to do some quick grocery shopping. 

The days just never seem to end here lately. The kids have school. The adults have work. We all have life to attend to. There are chores. There are boo boos. There are sicknesses. And the list goes on. Today someone dear to us was laid to rest and we couldn't be there for the service. It broke our hearts, but we couldn't do anything about it. We pray that everyone is doing well and that we will see them all soon. It's hard to be an adult and not be able to go and say our final good byes when our loved ones go to meet Jesus on the streets of Gold, but we have to believe that there's a reason and a plan for us not having been able to go to Florida this time. 

Tonight I have a short post for you because I just need to rest, but I didn't want to not leave you hanging. Because God makes beautiful things and my beautiful friends, we need to lean on one another when we need to. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:(

just wanted to put a note in here to say that we didn't get the progress report today nor did we get a report card. have been uber busy, talk more later! dawn

School is OUT!!!

Today was bittersweet for me.  I am happy its summer break, but that means we only have 2 years before we have a MIDDLESCHOOLER!  I cant believe we are that close already!  Both girls had a great day.  I got soaked walking to get Madispn, then the rain slacked off enough for me to have buckets of sweat rolling into my eyes!  It has been so humid here that i sweat as soon as i go outside let alone walk the more than 1/2 mile to her school.  We are starting a new walking track tomorrow... not sure how far but its gonna be fun to see

sad but true

Since the Pledge of Allegiance and The Lord's Prayer are not allowed in most public schools anymore Because the word "God" is mentioned...... A kid in Arizona wrote the attached NEW School prayer: Now I sit me down in school Where praying is against the rule For this great nation under God Finds mention of Him very odd. If Scripture now the class recites, It violates the Bill of Rights. And anytime my head I bow Becomes a Federal matter now. Our hair can be purple, orange or green, That's no offense; it's a freedom scene. The law is specific, the law is precise. Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice. For praying in a public hall Might offend someone with no faith at all. In silence alone we must meditate, God's name is prohibited by the state. We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks, And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks. They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible. To quote the Good Book makes me liable. We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,...