Skip to main content

Scrappin' Momma is my name... Scrappin' is my game :)

So, today I got a chance to go over to Jessica's for some scrapping. I got some more challenges out of the way!
Up first you see the 2 page layout challenge and the Dr. Suess challenge all in one :) I wanted to scrap some of Maddie's baby pictures and the quote I had chosen for the Suess challenge worked perfectly with this sketch! So I was able to use the design from the sketch to do both challenges. I loved making this layout because I so often scrap Kenzie because we have so many more pics of Kenzie for some reason... Maybe it's because Kenzie has been around for an extra 4 years... but anyway, I took the time to do a multi pic layout of Maddie instead today... Love it! The sketch had stars where the flowers are on mine, but that is the beauty of the sketch, I take a sketch and make it my own. I love using flowers, so it worked perfectly that i could just substitute them for the stars.

The quote:

"You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." Dr. Suess

I love that quote but it really made me think of Maddie! She really does steer herself in the direction that SHE chooses! LOL
And finally on to the other layout I did today. I did my week 2 sketch challenge layout for the March Monthly Sketch Challenge. I used Crate Paper Mia Collection for all of the printed papers. The cardstock in the background was something I had laying around. This challenge had a twist of using 3 coordinated pps from the same designer, since I used 4 papers from the Mia Collection, I was able to get the twist in:) The pics were of Kenzie at 3 or 4 years old. She was and still is such a hammmmmmm! I can't wait to pull out more older pics of the kids and get to scrapping them. Don't get me wrong I love scrapping the new pics as I take them but there is just something about scrapping the older pics that brings back the memories of my children at those stages and I never wanna forget one moment of their childhood! Kenzie in these pics was pretending to be Kelly Clarkson! At that age, she loved Kelly! She sang Miss Independent as often as she could find her little play microphone... And we were good Mommy and Daddy Judges... We were really into American Idol at that time in our lives... See what I mean... I also used the pics this day for our christmas cards that year! I had one of Kenzie holding Maddie and that was our card!

What fun! Now it's on to bus stop time have a great day see you when I can!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:(

just wanted to put a note in here to say that we didn't get the progress report today nor did we get a report card. have been uber busy, talk more later! dawn

School is OUT!!!

Today was bittersweet for me.  I am happy its summer break, but that means we only have 2 years before we have a MIDDLESCHOOLER!  I cant believe we are that close already!  Both girls had a great day.  I got soaked walking to get Madispn, then the rain slacked off enough for me to have buckets of sweat rolling into my eyes!  It has been so humid here that i sweat as soon as i go outside let alone walk the more than 1/2 mile to her school.  We are starting a new walking track tomorrow... not sure how far but its gonna be fun to see

sad but true

Since the Pledge of Allegiance and The Lord's Prayer are not allowed in most public schools anymore Because the word "God" is mentioned...... A kid in Arizona wrote the attached NEW School prayer: Now I sit me down in school Where praying is against the rule For this great nation under God Finds mention of Him very odd. If Scripture now the class recites, It violates the Bill of Rights. And anytime my head I bow Becomes a Federal matter now. Our hair can be purple, orange or green, That's no offense; it's a freedom scene. The law is specific, the law is precise. Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice. For praying in a public hall Might offend someone with no faith at all. In silence alone we must meditate, God's name is prohibited by the state. We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks, And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks. They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible. To quote the Good Book makes me liable. We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,...